• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter Weather/Extreme Cold Threat 1/13-1/17

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It's pouring snow at my house right now!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh the yard is turning white! It's not just ice anymore. Shows nothing on radar but it's coming down.

Anybody in Blount county seeing this too? Or northeast Jefferson county??

**Slowed down a little but that was awesome!
Yep, I got to see that. It was nice! There's a good chance of flurries or perhaps even a dusting on the back side now that the artic air is in place - there's a band even showing up on radar. Here's hoping it overperforms and makes the sleet pretty.

1705412997976.png

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
7.5 inches in Florence area for my cousin's grandbaby to play in about 10 miles from the TN state line. That's about the highest total snow I've seen in the state.

1705418470373.png

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I drove from Meridianville to the Providence area of Huntsville this morning with no issues. Even the S curves through Bob Wade was fine. Everything is covered in ice and, in full disclosure, I was in 4WD, but the roads are navigable if you are careful. I have at least two coworkers here who made it in in RWD trucks. Don't be stupid and folks will be fine.

Logo 468x120
Back