• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Winter Weather 2023-2024

Do you think it will snow an inch or more in your backyard this winter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Wishing her the best!
Thanks, it's been rather stressful as of late, but we've managed I've been very fearful of SUDEP, thankfully hers is nocturnal epilepsy but it's ramped up within the last year (which is increased risk of SUDEP) were she has clusters of off and on seizures; a seizure for 15 seconds and then break for 45 seconds. The last one lasted for 16 hours as they ran tests on her to record data if she eventually has surgery later on. Thankfully I'm sleeping beside her so I can tell if she is having one and can pull anything away from her that might block her breathing. Thankfully we've had a caring church family and my faith has brought me through it.

But it's just not something I'm going to risk and not be able to make it to the E.R. in case she becomes unresponsive and starts having damage be done to her brain. (Status epileptic).

Clancy

Reaction score
Thanks, it's been rather stressful as of late, but we've managed I've been very fearful of SUDEP, thankfully hers is nocturnal epilepsy but it's ramped up within the last year (which is increased risk of SUDEP) were she has clusters of off and on seizures; a seizure for 15 seconds and then break for 45 seconds. The last one lasted for 16 hours as they ran tests on her to record data if she eventually has surgery later on. Thankfully I'm sleeping beside her so I can tell if she is having one and can pull anything away from her that might block her breathing. Thankfully we've had a caring church family and my faith has brought me through it.

But it's just not something I'm going to risk and not be able to make it to the E.R. in case she becomes unresponsive and starts having damage be done to her brain. (Status epileptic).
It's an absolutely huge help to have community you can lean on.

Gail

Reaction score

I’ll pray next week is very quiet and uneventful for you all!

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
The next couple of weeks are setting up to be one of the better periods of chances for winter weather in the south that I have seen in a few years. I hope something verifies with it - I've missed tracking winter weather. Certainly going to have the cold in place for it, we just need the moisture.

Clancy

Reaction score
The next couple of weeks are setting up to be one of the better periods of chances for winter weather in the south that I have seen in a few years. I hope something verifies with it - I've missed tracking winter weather. Certainly going to have the cold in place for it, we just need the moisture.
I could certainly go for some of the white stuff! Would just like to see some actual, crisp flakes and not the muddy slush we tend to get around the ATL metro.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Just keep that ice stuff away lol. Snow is good ice is bad

JPWX

Reaction score
"We want snow!"

"Best I can give you is power outages and car crashes."
Start spreading the ice. I'm slipping today. I want to be a part of it. New York, New York.

Wasn't that what Frank sang? LOL!

Jokes aside, I've noticed that the 12z Canadian and both 00z/12z Euros have come in more aggressive with the snow totals for North MS.

JPWX

Reaction score
When will the snow hit my house?
Will I be able to drive Monday?
Y'all said I would get 2 inches of snow in my backyard, but I saw nothing! Y'all are wrong every single time!
Should I get milk and bread?
It didn't get as cold as y'all said it would!
These questions and many more goofy ones will be asked during the forseeable future.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I would like to see that 540 line a bit further south;)

We should have an overview of what determines rain/zr/snow lines and some tools for watching it lined up for all the newbies that will pile in here in the next bit.

Gail

Reaction score
When will the snow hit my house?
Will I be able to drive Monday?
Y'all said I would get 2 inches of snow in my backyard, but I saw nothing! Y'all are wrong every single time!
Should I get milk and bread?
It didn't get as cold as y'all said it would!
These questions and many more goofy ones will be asked during the forseeable future.

We’re off work and school on Monday (holiday) so I’m content to stay home cuddled under a blanket, sip on hot chocolate, read books, and watch movies.

My husband, unfortunately, has to make sure certain buildings stay above a certain temperature set-point because if they drop below a certain temp, very, very expensive tax-funded equipment could be damaged. I’m worried more about him driving in on Tuesday morning though and maybe Wednesday.

Back