• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Winter Weather 2023-2024

Do you think it will snow an inch or more in your backyard this winter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSuckZone

Reaction score
Just gonna live vicariously in this thread as the heat dome settles back over us in the Central US :mad::mad::mad:

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just gonna live vicariously in this thread as the heat dome settles back over us in the Central US :mad::mad::mad:
You're not alone. Gonna be 106 here today and tomorrow
mr-krabs-falls.gif

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
It is supposed to be the first day under 100 degrees since July here around Austin. That pseudo front gave us a really good shower last night.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Weatherphreak

Reaction score

This is an interesting article about the potential for a polar vortex disruption.
Gotta wonder if this will spark severe weather ahead of the surge. Temps running in the low 70s immediately ahead of the cold surge. 89 Huntsville tornado had temps go from 70s to snow and 30s the next day.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well I almost verified my "yes" answer this past weekend, but not quite here. Upper low pivoted right over northern Utah, and the faintest bit of warm air wrapped into the center of it so it was 2-3 degrees warmer in my area/Ogden than it was further south in the SLC area and Provo area. Most of the valleys down there picked up 1-4", we were left with 35 degrees and steady rain here, with just a few snow showers on the backside.

Decent chance of verifying my yes answer this weekend though.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well I almost verified my "yes" answer this past weekend, but not quite here. Upper low pivoted right over northern Utah, and the faintest bit of warm air wrapped into the center of it so it was 2-3 degrees warmer in my area/Ogden than it was further south in the SLC area and Provo area. Most of the valleys down there picked up 1-4", we were left with 35 degrees and steady rain here, with just a few snow showers on the backside.

Decent chance of verifying my yes answer this weekend though.

Winter Weather Advisory here for the valleys for 4-8" over the next couple days. Significantly more in the mountains, 2-3' expected, possibly higher in locations that are favorable for WNW flow.

Could get more than 8" in the valleys if the temperatures allow Saturday night into Sunday, but it looks like in the valleys it'll warm up enough to turn to rain.

Back