• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Winter Weather 2023-2024

Do you think it will snow an inch or more in your backyard this winter?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’m more into severe weather , but love me a good big winter storm time or two during winter season , but the lack of snow cover all the way towards western Canada even Is mind boggling . Pretty enemic for this late in December ….

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I’m more into severe weather , but love me a good big winter storm time or two during winter season , but the lack of snow cover all the way towards western Canada even Is mind boggling . Pretty enemic for this late in December ….
Your gunna get you at least a dusting depending on what part of Tennessee your in . Make sure to share some with the rest of us. I'm really hoping the 15z rap puts that heavy snow into central Alabama. If any accumaltions they won't last for super long but it will still. Be awesome.

09z RAP is heavy on the snow rates which will overcome those above freezing surface temps to lay down some snow

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I'm really surprised many more people aren't talking about this in the thread. These types of events can give us some small totals but substantial impacts.

But then again I may just be a absolute novice looking at winter weather stuff and everybody else knows something I don't lol ;)

Blizzard1

Reaction score
I'm really surprised many more people aren't talking about this in the thread. These types of events can give us some small totals but substantial impacts.

But then again I may just be a absolute novice looking at winter weather stuff and everybody else knows something I don't lol ;)
Hey I for one really appreciate your updates! Keep them rolling please Sir!

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Hey I for one really appreciate your updates! Keep them rolling please Sir!
Lol just keep in mind I'm a novice. And want snow. ;)

I expect little accumulations if any but I will take all that I can get. Seeing some big flakes fall will be awesome.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Your gunna get you at least a dusting depending on what part of Tennessee your in . Make sure to share some with the rest of us. I'm really hoping the 15z rap puts that heavy snow into central Alabama. If any accumaltions they won't last for super long but it will still. Be awesome.

09z RAP is heavy on the snow rates which will overcome those above freezing surface temps to lay down some snow
O I agree with you 100 percent we should see some nice wet big flakes……

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
12z Friday look at the snow rates in Tennessee. View attachment 22705

Oh look we are up in the pink stuff. I have to give credit to the ARDOT crews here. No matter the chance of snow or ice they treat it as an all in effort. Hope everyone else gets a little flizzard action.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
18z hrrr is interesting.

It's a good 5-6 degrees colder than the Nam for parts of central Alabama. That's a lot. It's still the LR HRRR but some careful watching is needed.

Interested to see the 00z hrrr and 21z rap to see how far this moderate snowfall pushes into central Alabama or if it just disappates.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
15z RAP and 18z hrrr at the same time point. The HRRR has a bigger axis of moisture compared to the RAP as it's rotating around. Something to keep a eye on. Screenshot_2023-12-27-14-30-41-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2023-12-27-14-30-17-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
These clipper systems always under perform on moisture. I would say 20% actually ever have accumulations in North Alabama. Sometimes you go from hoping for a couple inches>dusting>to just hoping you see some flakes.
06z hrrr run really tampers down on the snow potential for north Alabama. I'm afraid you are going to be right lol. Hoping this system bucks the trend and gives a nice spectacle of snowfalling where I live.

Back