• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather Threat - June 17th-18th, 2023

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Baseball size hail report from that storm that earlier went from Owens Cross Roads to Woodville, AL.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Edited to add that I’m not cranky. Even though that sounded cranky.
Know how you feel. Been a long week in the office. honestly forgot what a good night's sleep feels like.

MoonBaby

Knew It Would Happen
Reaction score
Know how you feel. Been a long week in the office. honestly forgot what a good night's sleep feels like.
I’m the weather person in the family/friend group/school moms I’ve somehow accumulated on Facebook. Also I’m in a rental trailer and have to know in advance when to book it/tell friends to book it. So I stay up with the weather. Luckily I’m off work tomorrow. I imagine you’re running on fumes.

JPWX

Reaction score
Well somehow I got through it without a tornado warning (which I thought for sure would have been issued), but had broad rotation pass right over Smithville. Live 1.4 miles outside the city limits. I'm off to bed.

Attachments

• Rotation over Smithville MS June 19th 23.png
    Rotation over Smithville MS June 19th 23.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

buckeye05

Reaction score
Damage near Louin appears to be at least EF2. Frame homes with total removal of roofs and exterior walls knocked down. Looks like another strong June tornado in Dixie for the books following the June 14th event. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The last hour has been lightning bolt one after another. Took forever to see the NWS Birmingham issue a special weather statement for the line of strong thunderstorms. And now probably could use a severe warning for Randolph county.

Last edited:
Logo 468x120
Back