• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Very inconsistent signals out that far for anything that may lead to a severe threat. However, one consistent thing I do see on the large scale out into mid May is that troughing wants to dig down in the East. So, if that's true, ridging isn't taking over in the Plains, and the upper jet isn't necessarily permanently shifting away just yet.

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The plains have certainly made a comeback from the last year and current.

Not sure how I feel about Florida having more tornadoes than Alabama and Georgia combined.
Very normal for them to be active with such a significant El Nino and intense subtropical jet stream in place. Some of their biggest non-tropical-cyclone tornado events on record down there have been during the late fall/winter/early spring of significant El Nino episodes.

Reaction score
The contrast between opinions on here, which IMO tend to the bullish, more active side, and those in the chasing community, which tend to the bearish side, is always interesting to see:

View attachment 26216
That’s funny. Not judging him or anything, but he was the guy I posted about last Thursday (the day before two VERY violent Plains outbreaks) saying that Thursday was an “insane set up” that busted

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
The contrast between opinions on here, which IMO tend to the bullish, more active side, and those in the chasing community, which tend to the bearish side, is always interesting to see:

View attachment 26216
Lol, let's just ignore everything from now until then. I'll say this right here, if you are constantly looking for reasons to not chase, you will find them.

Logo 468x120
Back