• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2024

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I deleted my original post so that i could do some additional research on the drought/tornado connection.

KevinH

Reaction score
I deleted my original post so that i could do some additional research on the drought/tornado connection.
Pleaseeeee post what you find. I read something about the effect of droughts on Dixie’s svr season but don’t remember where I saw it or what it said excactly.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
I wonder if there’s any correlation in how much snow the south gets and tornadoes? Winter 2010>2011 2013>2014 both had decent winter snows in the south along with decent April tornado outbreaks. I’ve seen a couple meteorologists suggest the south may see more snow this winter due to El Niño.

KevinH

Reaction score
I wonder if there’s any correlation in how much snow the south gets and tornadoes? Winter 2010>2011 2013>2014 both had decent winter snows in the south along with decent April tornado outbreaks. I’ve seen a couple meteorologists suggest the south may see more snow this winter due to El Niño.
I have heard something like this before….

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Saw something on X about going from strong El Niño straight to La Niña. We all know about La Niña and severe weather. Anybody else seen this?

Tennie

Reaction score
Here's the Climate Prediction Center's (CPC) forecast for December 2023-February 2024:

off02_temp.gif

off02_prcp.gif

Now, how that could translate into the chances for severe weather over that period remains to be seen...

KevinH

Reaction score
It is one of the tornado forecasts of all time.
Me trying to figure out if you are being sarcastic or not:

someone vision GIF

Logo 468x120
Back