• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Svr Wx threat April 1-April 2 2024

KevinH

Reaction score
TOR watch 82 expanded to now includes the following GA counties:
Bibb, Butts, Chattahoochee, Clarke, Crawford, Greene, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Monroe, Morgan, Muscogee, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Putnam, Rockdale, Schley, Stewart, Talbot, Taliaferro, Taylor, Upson, Walton, Webster, Wilkes

and the following AL counties:
Barbour, Pike, Russell,

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wishing you all the best!
I was on the phone with her. She only briefly lost power, no damage she can see. But she was less than a mile from that substantial debris signature, looks like
Conyers, Ga. Population around 18k taking hit from tornado. Not good.
This is one of the least populated areas of Rockdale County. My mom's house is right on the edge of density. Where that debris signature was is basically light industrial with a house scattered here and there. My red scribblings are the approximate track of the CC drop and might be a bit south of where it actually was, this was a very quick screengrab.

1712117750730.png

Clancy

Reaction score
I was on the phone with her. She only briefly lost power, no damage she can see. But she was less than a mile from that substantial debris signature, looks like

This is one of the least populated areas of Rockdale County. My mom's house is right on the edge of density. Where that debris signature was is basically light industrial with a house scattered here and there. My red scribblings are the approximate track of the CC drop and might be a bit south of where it actually was, this was a very quick screengrab.

View attachment 24907
So glad to hear she's alright! My heart dropped when you told me she was so close.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Really worried about that Adient warehouse near Clanton. May have been a direct hit and it doesn't even take a particularly intense tornado to destroy a tilt-up warehouse. We've seen them fail in EF1-EF2 winds.

Logo 468x120
Back