• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - June 23rd-27th, 2023

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score

The tornado that was spawned by the Baca Co. CO supercell on 6/23 was very large at times, good chance it was violent although rated EF1 since it didn’t hit much.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A day late but here it is. I’ve already seen reports of small hail and ~50 mph gusts in Reston, VA. And of course the KLWX radar is down because why wouldn’t it be so we’re relying on the Dover, DE radar.

If we get anything interesting here in DC proper I’ll try to get some photos.

Reaction score
If I'd been hit by five tornadoes, I'd probably take the hint and move somewhere else.

Sounds like these were in various places he moved to, and not all of them were direct hits (just close passes).

I remember reading about a guy who lived in Moore, OK who was hit by the tornadoes in 1998, 1999 and 2003. Hope he'd moved by 2013...

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
If I'd been hit by five tornadoes, I'd probably take the hint and move somewhere else.
The worst case of this I’ve heard is still the woman who lost everything including family in the 1947 Woodward OK F5 tornado and then moved to Udall KS and lost everything again in the F5 in 1955. Takes a special kind of bad luck to be hit by two of the worst tornadoes of the 20th century in 8 years.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The worst case of this I’ve heard is still the woman who lost everything including family in the 1947 Woodward OK F5 tornado and then moved to Udall KS and lost everything again in the F5 in 1955. Takes a special kind of bad luck to be hit by two of the worst tornadoes of the 20th century in 8 years.
Reminds me of the guy who was on a business trip in Hiroshima, survived the bombing, then went home to Nagasaki the day before it was bombed and survived again.

Back