• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
Kavanaugh is probably done at this point. Fair/unfair - - it doesn't matter. Politics is politics, and it ain't beanbag. There are serious questions and doubts about all three accusers, but in the end it won't matter.

They wanted to destroy Kavanaugh and end his nomination, and they've accomplished this. The rumor mill is churning that Trump is about to jump into this battle with both feet. Would be the second largest political mistake he's ever made. He needs to shut up and let Cocaine Mitch handle all of this.

Arcadia

Reaction score
Interesting mention of "beach week", this was made yesterday. Today the Judiciary Committee released Kavanaugh's calendar

OYGIvdO.jpg

I'm not exactly sure why the calendar is all that relevant though. If someone is accused of a crime you can't point to your calendar and say "Look see? I never scheduled that, therefore I didn't do it"
I guess there's some underlying point where they're trying to say that he was doing something else on the date in question?
I used to keep a calendar and it didn't accurately detail what I did each day accurately. It was more of a reminder for things I needed to do. Not a good alibi.

There wasn't a "date in question" because Ford couldn't remember the date. Kavanaugh remembered he kept calendars from high school...or maybe his mother remembered - I don't know. But they had to release 3 months worth because his accuser could only narrow it down those 3 months. And when you are trying to clear your name you grasp at anything I'd imagine. The calendar was to show that the house party was not a planned event and why he had no recollection of it. It's not unreasonable why he's denying it. Also, there are no witnesses to her accusation.

As to this new woman and new accusation... the fact she went to Avenatti with this smells bad. She also graduated high school 3 years BEFORE Kavanaugh did - so attending these "high school" parties on the regular doesn't really makes sense to me. I'm also curious to see who will come forward to corroborate her claims. Surely, a gang rape ring will have people coming out to testify! Also, what specifically are her claims? That Kavanaugh raped her, or that he was present at a party where she was raped? Because she's not at all clear what she's accusing him of.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Neither do I, but that’s his claim. So, either he intentionally posted a fake photo to disparage her or he lied - either way, it shows you that his moral compass is out of calibration.

My moral compass is just fine. However, I question the moral compass of anyone that thinks it is OK to destroy a mans life, reputation and family simply to prevent Trump from getting his nominee confirmed. Number four is not far away. This is disgusting and you seem to approve.

Last edited:

Arcadia

Reaction score
My moral compass is just fine. However, I question the moral compass of anyone that thinks it is OK to destroy a mans life, reputation and family simply to prevent Trump from getting his nominee confirmed. Number four is not far away. This is disgusting and you seem to approve.

Marooned nor Evan approve of any such thing! You are deflecting. You are the one suggesting that it is okay to dissolve all human decency in the name of politics in order to safeguard an election! That is your argument. You said as much one page ago. And my name is not Barb!

Evan

Reaction score

No one is this thread has approved of anyone making false claims or smearing Kavanaugh without justification. Even the 1-2 people that fully accept the allegations have been very careful and deliberate about what they believe or think.

Politics has rotted your soul and your brain, Matt.

Evan

Reaction score
"Just showing this is the woman that is accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct."

That was your response, Matt, when I asked you why you were posting that image.

ARCC

Reaction score
I'm no political expert, but wouldn't dragging the very thing that caused lots of support for Trump and is also a very dear issue to the conservative base out to the midterms be generally an idiotic move for the democrats?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I do not approve, for the same reason that I fo not approve of you attempting the same thing. Morality doesn’t discriminate based on teams.

Evan

Reaction score
The "polygraph" that Ford took is an absolute joke. Anyone that ever studied polygraphs as part of criminal procedure, or has been polygraphed for a clearance/job offer, knows a polygraph of just two substantive questions (worded vaguely) is just NOT common practice.

If the polygraph was so convincing, why didn't Feinstein roll with Ford's claim instead of burying it?

As predicted, President "I have no self awareness and its always about me" has opened his fat mouth to opine again. Going to laugh if his inability to not seek attention costs Reps the House and leads to his impeachment.

Arcadia

Reaction score
/sigh. She said couldn't be there on Monday because she was afraid to fly. She's a frequent flyer. She said she didn't realize they extended an offer to meet with her any time anywhere. I have a hard time believing that. In fact, I don't. The offer extended to her was not complicated. I heard these two things during my lunch break and while she sounded 'sweet' it goes against her credibility in my view.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
/sigh. She said couldn't be there on Monday because she was afraid to fly. She's a frequent flyer. She said she didn't realize they extended an offer to meet with her any time anywhere. I have a hard time believing that. In fact, I don't. The offer extended to her was not complicated. I heard these two things during my lunch break and while she sounded 'sweet' it goes against her credibility in my view.
That was by far the worst portion of her interview. However, her testimony regarding the alleged incident seemed quite compelling. I found her to be believable. I’m curious how Kavanaugh’s testimony will go.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was by far the worst portion of her interview. However, her testimony regarding the alleged incident seemed quite compelling. I found her to be believable. I’m curious how Kavanaugh’s testimony will go.

I have little doubt something bad happened to Dr. Ford, but I do have doubts as to who did this too her.

If only Feinstein had given the FBI a chance to do something instead of playing dirty politics we wouldn't be going through this today.

Mark my words......the Democrats will not gain control of either house this November if Kavanaugh's nomination gets withdrawn or voted down. This will be the cattle prod that will get voters to the polls.

SASQUATCH

Reaction score
I have little doubt something bad happened to Dr. Ford, but I do have doubts as to who did this too her.

If only Feinstein had given the FBI a chance to do something instead of playing dirty politics we wouldn't be going through this today.

Mark my words......the Democrats will not gain control of either house this November if Kavanaugh's nomination gets withdrawn or voted down. This will be the cattle prod that will get voters to the polls.

I agree with this 1000%

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Democratic Party is absolutely embarrassing themselves today. This is a complete and total excrement show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back