• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 11th-12th, 2023

Reaction score
I was wondering who was going to pull the trigger and make a thread. I sounded the alarm for this weekend around 7 days ago.

Model flip flopping was probably biggest reason for the delay.

My guess is this will keep current slight risk bubble and may get a smaller localized enhanced bubble Sunday morning.

Last edited:

KevinH

Reaction score
I was wondering who was going to pull the trigger and make a thread. I sounded the alarm for this weekend around 7 days ago.

Model flip flopping was probably biggest reason for the delay.

My guess is this will keep current slight risk bubble and may get a smaller localized enhanced bubble Sunday morning.
Not me…. I think I have created enough threads for a bit hahahahaa… we’ll see what happens towards the end of the month in April

I think the policy for creating threads has been updated. Threads should only be created for threats that are within 8 days if the event. Events more than 9 days out (regardless of the chatter online and what the models say are to be kept in the Severe Weather 2023 thread.

Personally, I would not create a thread within D8 now unless and until the SPC highlights an area, but that is just me.

I wont get “concerned” until about D3 if there has been model consistency. The model flip flopping gets on my nerves, so I just ignore them until about D3 LOL

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
It's been a while since ive seen such a robust QCLS in south Alabama as the 06z hrrr shows lol

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
May be a robust spin up threat with the storms as well haven't completely looked at everything yet. But that's relatively impressive.

Paint me stupid but a enchanched for wind damage may be needed eventually Screenshot_2023-03-11-04-49-35-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Short term guidance such as the CSU-MLP and nadocast show tornado probs of 10% tomorrow. I suspect we could see a significant tornado tomorrow.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Current run of the HRRR. Hodographs are pretty good in those areas.. might be worth watching tonight... Probably will end up as very large hail but maybe a spin up Screenshot_2023-03-11-15-24-26-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Hrrr presents a pretty robust event for coastal and south Alabama tommorow. I'd honestly be surprised if we don't see a enchanched risk

Logo 468x120
Back