• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX April 14-16th, 2023 (Midwest, South)

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storm Chaser with Fox2 out of St. Louis confirms debris is aloft SW of Freeburg.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I know we're dealing with a current major outbreak, but anyone else irked by the fact that NWS Jackson never upped the wind speed estimate for the Rolling Fork tornado? It's still at 170 MPH. I really don't think that damage was low-end EF4.

Is there any news about the Pontotoc and Tupelo MS tornadoes? Was the NWS informed of these?

Confirmed tornado SE of Shreveport.
View attachment 19974
Looks like it may had lifted

t0rNaD0ez

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KD4FX
@cheestaysfly ...for the cell that moved through STL County, the reflectivity and velocity were enough to call it, in my opinion.

I'm currently in St Charles, MO...we had a lot of lightning and heavy rain...a little bit of hail but no real hail damage here. I haven't seen anything regarding any detail of tornado damage, but apparently NWS LSX is still doing surveys. I'm originally from AL/FL so I dunno enough about the towns to say where places are.

Here's some info from KTVI citing 4 tornadoes... (3) EF-1's and (1) EF-0.

Phil

ColdFront

Reaction score
i wasn’t saying it WAS done, just that i think it may be. the pattern seems to favor tornado alley and i don’t see a shift in that in any long range modeling just yet.
I don’t see an issue with your original statement either.

Historically, as we hit that April to May transition, it usually switches to the more traditional tornado alley mode. Outside of the possible threat Friday for Missouri, Arkansas, TN which aren’t Dixie but are nearby, I don’t see anything for Dixie long range modeling wise, which anything larger should show up by now. So if I were betting, I’d bet on you being most likely right.

Last edited:
Back