• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

Maxis_s

Reaction score
"The possibility exists for regenerative supercell development over central Oklahoma this evening."
...I'm sorry?

Reaction score
Huh. I guess the twitter weenies are for once holding off until the event actually begins...

Based on the fact that I would never expect people on twitter to actually act reasonable...
Can’t one reasonably argue that the northern portion of the 30%, over S KS/N OK, has high bust-potential due to linear forcing?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Can’t one reasonably argue that the northern portion of the 30%, over S KS/N OK, has high bust-potential due to linear forcing?
One can argue as such without screeching in all caps and misspelling nearly every word they type...

But anyhow, back on topic.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From OUN: Something interesting to note on storm mode: HRRR/RAP bulk shear vectors (0-6km) are predominantly perpendicular to the dryline into the evening for areas generally along/south of I-40 with vectors more parallel across northern Oklahoma. This would favor more of a linear storm mode up north and discrete mode across central.
That’s consistent with what the CAMs have shown and what the SPC discussions have predicted.