• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/27-4/28, 2024 - (Saturday, Sunday)

A Guy

Reaction score
Are people delaying reporting, or not reporting tornadoes to the NWS and simply posting on Twitter instead? I've noticed that despite photographic evidence of a big chunky tornado at Madisonville there are so far no reports from Texas, even though it was not that late in the day.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Are people delaying reporting, or not reporting tornadoes to the NWS and simply posting on Twitter instead? I've noticed that despite photographic evidence of a big chunky tornado at Madisonville there are so far no reports from Texas, even though it was not that late in the day.
I noticed in some of the ongoing tweets of Madisonville earlier that WFOs down there were being tagged in the pics/videos being posted while those tornadoes were ongoing, and I never saw where they even upgraded the warnings for those beyond radar indicated. I'm not sure what was going on there.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Fred can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe spotter network reports no longer posts in NWS Chat, ever since they move over to Slack. I know for sure it has been suggested to be put back in numerous times.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
It’s taken all day, but I finally have a damage photo from Ardmore. It hit the Plainview Estates subdivision at the edge of town. No idea why the coverage of this one is so sparse. Damage is clearly significant:
View attachment 26072
Coverage/news from Carter County (Ardmore/Dickson) in general has been very sparse.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
EF-4 rating was base on damage at the Dollar Tree Warehouse and the Homeland store in Marietta.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Found this from Carter County. Definitely some pretty significant damage.
GMR6guYWoAAs6Wi

Back