• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

Clancy

Reaction score
Something to watch for D5-D6??

Most definitely. I'm curious if we should split talk about this threat (which would technically fall into the May 6th-9th period) into its own thread soon, because if the forecasts are any indicator, that thread is probably going to get very long with posts for that particular day. I know we ended up coming up with a general guideline for this but I can't seem to remember what was decided.

KevinH

Reaction score
Most definitely. I'm curious if we should split talk about this threat (which would technically fall into the May 6th-9th period) into its own thread soon, because if the forecasts are any indicator, that thread is probably going to get very long with posts for that particular day. I know we ended up coming up with a general guideline for this but I can't seem to remember what was decided.
I can’t remember either, but this week has a HINT of outbreak sequence potential. One event, one thread???

@WesL @MichelleH SOS lol

MichelleH

Reaction score
I can’t remember either, but this week has a HINT of outbreak sequence potential. One event, one thread???

@WesL @MichelleH SOS lol

While for posterity's sake, it would probably be better to have two threads, it will also lead to more confusion with people (probably including me) accidentally posting in the wrong thread. I'll leave that call up to Wes or one of the admins.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
While for posterity's sake, it would probably be better to have two threads, it will also lead to more confusion with people (probably including me) accidentally posting in the wrong thread. I'll leave that call up to Wes or one of the admins.
I'm not any voice of authority here, but based on how these days look to go (and how they will be separate synoptic waves), I would personally recommend separating the discussion for Monday to itself and possibly letting the Tuesday-Thursday threat be in another thread. There is at least some potential for Monday to be a High Risk day, and out of all the severe weather days this week, it is the relatively most likely one to be a full-blown tornado outbreak that we'd want to have separated to itself when we want to look back on it at a later date. Tuesday through Thursday or Friday is a separate synoptic wave in the large-scale longwave trough that sets up a multi-day threat. Wednesday is also looking like a large-scale potentially significant event, but the days surrounding it don't look as potentially high-end. Discussion with those lumped in with Wednesday wouldn't muddy things too badly or get post count too far out of control.

Just my two cents on the matter from both a meteorological and a historical archiving for the future standpoint.

Tanner

Reaction score
I'm not any voice of authority here, but based on how these days look to go (and how they will be separate synoptic waves), I would personally recommend separating the discussion for Monday to itself and possibly letting the Tuesday-Thursday threat be in another thread. There is at least some potential for Monday to be a High Risk day, and out of all the severe weather days this week, it is the relatively most likely one to be a full-blown tornado outbreak that we'd want to have separated to itself when we want to look back on it at a later date. Tuesday through Thursday or Friday is a separate synoptic wave in the large-scale longwave trough that sets up a multi-day threat. Wednesday is also looking like a large-scale potentially significant event, but the days surrounding it don't look as potentially high-end. Discussion with those lumped in with Wednesday wouldn't muddy things too badly or get post count too far out of control.

Just my two cents on the matter from both a meteorological and a historical archiving for the future standpoint.
I agree. Let’s separate the threads.