• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Sunday, April 2nd - South, SouthEast

Tennie

Reaction score
If you wanna keep going at the history aspect of today, April 2nd was also the date of the deadly F3 tornado that hit Dallas in 1957.

IIRC, there was also a nasty tornado outbreak in the DFW Metroplex area on April 2, 2012.

rushdude

Reaction score
Outdoor sirens sounded a few minutes ago for me due to wind/intense hail threat
Currently in bathroom with dogs and cats, and my parents' 4 month old puppy is behaving.
This may be first time for him to be sheltered in bathroom with everybody

Bevo

Reaction score
TX Storm Chaser's live feed is up here:

Some of the local mets are wondering about atmosphere recovery after round 1 -- that's the big question right now. This first round seems to have popped a little earlier than anticipated. That Abilene storm is all by itself at the moment.

Bevo

Reaction score
There's a couple to the north of the Abilene cell now, they're taking on more of an E-SE movement compared to the first round.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
There's a couple to the north of the Abilene cell now, they're taking on more of an E-SE movement compared to the first round.
yeah, for DFW I'm more concerned about these than the one east of Abilene atm. However, the Abilene one could very well be what the HRRR had been modeling as the big, beastly isolated supercell that it showed tracking south of DFW.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
yeah, for DFW I'm more concerned about these than the one east of Abilene atm. However, the Abilene one could very well be what the HRRR had been modeling as the big, beastly isolated supercell that it showed tracking south of DFW.
Fortunately the latest SVR on the Abilene cell does have it trending in a SE direction so it should pass to the south of the metroplex. But there is definitely another cell north of it heading in the same general direction that could be a problem later on.

Tennie

Reaction score
Fortunately the latest SVR on the Abilene cell does have it trending in a SE direction so it should pass to the south of the metroplex. But there is definitely another cell north of it heading in the same general direction that could be a problem later on.

Plus, chasers are reporting that the cell approaching Stephenville is currently outflow-dominant.

Bevo

Reaction score
New MCD out.

The cell currently over Graham (the northern most one within the MCD circle) is the one I'd watch that might impact the Metroplex if it holds together. The one directly south of it seems to have broken apart. aaaaand it's back

Logo 468x120
Back