• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX March 12-13, here we go, the "S" word is mentioned!

Reaction score
Been snowing decent here in Louisville KY for several hours now, but it's about to start to slacken up. And the grounds been so warm that it snowed 3 hours before it started to stick to the grass.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Moderate to heavy snow falling now. Outdoor furniture and car tops white.. ground behind a little bit because it’s so warm but rates will over come that pretty soon if it keeps going like it is now

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
1.5" on my truck... 1" in the grass... 0 on paved surfaces. Rates seem to be moderate to high but right now the flakes are much smaller than they were 45 min ago

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Been sleeting for awhile in southern Madison County AL. Now it's straight snow and beginning to accumulate on non-concrete surfaces. A dusting as it stands now, flakes are small but very very numerous.
Amazing forecast accuracy by the models.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Snowing hard northwest of Jasper, finally accumulating

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me the snow came in during the night of 3/11. After it failed to materialize during the daytime I called bust and went to play Xbox. While I was playing Just Cause 4 I noticed a yellowish tint out the window. I went to the living room and viola. There I saw a good amount of snow covering everything with snowflakes still falling from the sky. That yellowish tint was the neighbor's light, dimmed from my view by the snow. It's now melting, but it was nice while it lasted.

Gail

Reaction score
We got about 1” here in Northern Lowndes County, MS. My 6 year old was super excited since it’s the first snow we’ve had all winter. It was gone by lunchtime though. :)

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I ended up with just over two inches here. The wind made it appear to be blizzard like a few times. A really great storm for March.

Back