• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Israel has declared war after being invaded by hamas

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
U.s. is deploying a additional 25 or so fighter jets the middle east to hopefully calm down and stop the frightening from spreading and prevent action from iran

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
IDF says by the end of the night no more terrorists will be left after there ground invasion. Yikes

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
For anybody that doesn't know Damascus is in Syria. Israel is trying to prevent Iran from supplying Hezbollah.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This is significant. I had hopes Israel would just take Gaza and drive the Palestinians out, which would have solved the problem and which they really have every right to do since they took it after having the 7-day war declared on them without provocation. All hell may break loose now.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
This is significant. I had hopes Israel would just take Gaza and drive the Palestinians out, which would have solved the problem and which they really have every right to do since they took it after having the 7-day war declared on them without provocation. All hell may break loose now.
Yeah. I'm afraid Israel is going to over react. They have every right to react swift and destructive to cripple the enemy. But it's a fine line in the middle east. Because they're is so many alliances in the middle east

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The main problem there is they're all "cousins" even if their religious beliefs and political differ somewhat. That makes them "family", and when you attack one they're all insulted. Another problem is that Hamas, Hezbollah, and ISIS/ISIL aren't nations with land borders so conventional war with territory taken usually won't solve anything. But here it would, as by the annexing of the Gaza strip into Israel would remove their rocket-launching area and thus help ensure Israeli peoples safety, which has long been the problem Israel has had with Palestine. I don't think anyone other than Palestine can make an argument against that. And Palestine did risk that when they declared war in the 7-day war which was intended to wipe out Israel. Don't start fights or wars you can't win is the lesson here, but Israel needs to now collect it's winnings and leave anyone not directly provably involved in the current conflict alone.

The US has always let Israel do the fighting, providing the means to do that with. We need to remain at that line, for crossing it will get us directly involved when we're really not. Many of the world's airline pilots refer to the Middle East as the "sandbox" which to us is where immature children go to play, and that pretty well describes the maturity level of a lot of these people. We're not their parents so we're not responsible for those 'children' but maybe we do have some right to ensure their spats stay confined to the "sandbox" Once the world gets away from fossil fuel many of those nations will decline economically and to me that would be a good thing, for without money you can't fight wars.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've recently been studying WW2 where in occupied territories the Germans would kill 10+ civilians at random for each casualty they took from underground partisans. It was and is not exactly humane but it didn't take but a few incidents to pretty much end such attacks. Israel has been doing something milder and similar for a long time, so such a response should have been expected with a tragedy of this scale.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
The main problem there is they're all "cousins" even if their religious beliefs and political differ somewhat. That makes them "family", and when you attack one they're all insulted. Another problem is that Hamas, Hezbollah, and ISIS/ISIL aren't nations with land borders so conventional war with territory taken usually won't solve anything. But here it would, as by the annexing of the Gaza strip into Israel would remove their rocket-launching area and thus help ensure Israeli peoples safety, which has long been the problem Israel has had with Palestine. I don't think anyone other than Palestine can make an argument against that. And Palestine did risk that when they declared war in the 7-day war which was intended to wipe out Israel. Don't start fights or wars you can't win is the lesson here, but Israel needs to now collect it's winnings and leave anyone not directly provably involved in the current conflict alone.

The US has always let Israel do the fighting, providing the means to do that with. We need to remain at that line, for crossing it will get us directly involved when we're really not. Many of the world's airline pilots refer to the Middle East as the "sandbox" which to us is where immature children go to play, and that pretty well describes the maturity level of a lot of these people. We're not their parents so we're not responsible for those 'children' but maybe we do have some right to ensure their spats stay confined to the "sandbox" Once the world gets away from fossil fuel many of those nations will decline economically and to me that would be a good thing, for without money you can't fight wars.
I have a question, what do you think of the intelligence failure with mossad?

Something seems off to me, I don't understand how there was such a significant failure by what's hailed as one of the best worldwide intelligence agencies.

Partisan actors sabatoging intelligence? Or something I have questions I understand there's been lots of splintering within Israel

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There are none more careful than Israel with vetting the people trusted with security, so unless their standards have been slipping with that, all I can figure is that whoever's job it was to act on the intel is going to be in hot water for squashing it. Some heads will roll for sure. If any part of the warning had been passed on to IDF they would have at least stationed some forces there to enhance security just in case, which is their usual. Since we didn't see that it's easy to conclude that they didn't know. All just conjecture at this point and again as per their usual we will likely not know much about that for some time unless they do find someone with traitorous intention. In that case there will be an execution and rightly so.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It grows. CNN reports the Brits are sending military to the region too, and that the $6bn which was supposed to be returned to Iran by the US has been stopped in concert with Quatar's wishes.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
It grows. CNN reports the Brits are sending military to the region too, and that the $6bn which was supposed to be returned to Iran by the US has been stopped in concert with Quatar's wishes.
Buckle up this rollercoaster no where near stopped, Iranian foreign minister says there will be a response "from the rest of the axes" if the attacks continue from the Israelis. Andddd Israel is almost ready to go with the ground invasion of the Gaza anytime now.

Back