• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
I seem to recall quite vividly many Democrats blaming Russians for hacking and attempts to support Trump winning the election, well before election day. I also recall many Republicans saying that was bogus info and attempts to tie Trump to the big bad Russians to undermine his credibility.
Afaik hacking attempts on actual voting electronics have failed and not actually changed any tallies. So besides hacking and leaking DNC emails and other social influence games, how did the people you listed fail at preventing Russian intrusion? Their entire goal is to maintain a democratic majority, why would they do "nothing"?

This is incoherent. Most of the stories to which you refer were about Podesta's emails. He either was the victim of a phishing scheme or someone else leaked them to Wikileaks. And many of these stories were fake news perpetrated by the MSM.

Matt

Reaction score
I seem to recall quite vividly many Democrats blaming Russians for hacking and attempts to support Trump winning the election, well before election day. I also recall many Republicans saying that was bogus info and attempts to tie Trump to the big bad Russians to undermine his credibility.
Afaik hacking attempts on actual voting electronics have failed and not actually changed any tallies. So besides hacking and leaking DNC emails and other social influence games, how did the people you listed fail at preventing Russian intrusion? Their entire goal is to maintain a democratic majority, why would they do "nothing"?

Like this story ?

http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/inside-the-shadowy-intelligence-firm-behind-the-trump-dossier/

gangstonc

Reaction score
If they knew the crimes were going to be committed and did nothing, yes they should be held accountable. They learned very early of Russia'a meddling. Hell, even Barry himself said he told Putin to cut it out. So tell me, what did they do once they learned about Russia's shenanigans ? Nothing it appears. But why ?
They didn't do nothing. They imposed sanctions, expelled diplomats, etc. Some republicans, like McConnell were staunchly opposed to doing anything at all and promised to block any further action.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.14b3f6a73fcf

Reactions: KoD

Matt

Reaction score

gangstonc

Reaction score
All after the fact. Why did they have their thumbs up their rears while it happened ? Was it a surprise that Russia wanted to meddle in our elections ? i don't think so.
They didn't sit with their thumbs up their rears. It appears the meddling mostly stopped after September when Obama directly confronted Putin. However, there is no doubt in my mind that the response was inadequate. The Obama administration dropped the ball.

Evan

Reaction score
I think it's quite obvious the Russians meddled in the 2016 election cycle. They should be and will be held accountable. I also think the persons and agencies charged with preventing meddling should be held accountable as well. Obama, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, Clinton, et al should bear most of the blame. Would you not agree ?

You are missing Trump, Flynn, Pence, Bannon, etc. Especially considering that if Flynn didn't commit treason he walked up to the line and dangled over it while Trump and his team looked on. How should Trump be held accountable, Matt? As you are well aware, Trump went out of his way to speculate that anyone but the Russians were responsible for the election meddling & DNC hack. Even now he continues to call it fake news.

I'm still waiting to hear about something Trump has accomplished. And, no, I don't find a temporary stay of PART of an executive order to be very compelling.

Evan

Reaction score
In other news, Joe Arpaio is on trial in Arizona and about to pay the price for refusing to follow a federal court order. Too bad it wasn't state court because Trump will be able to pardon him (although I doubt he will as Trump isn't loyal to those that back him if they are no longer of use to him), and too bad any time served will likely be in protective custody. He should have to be in gen pop like anyone else. Especially considering his office routinely refused to protect inmates at high risk of being attacked by other inmates. Arpaio deserves nothing less than "the Boats". Google it if you don't know what it is. And, honestly, even that is probably too gentle for what he actually deserves.

Matt

Reaction score
You are missing Trump, Flynn, Pence, Bannon, etc. Especially considering that if Flynn didn't commit treason he walked up to the line and dangled over it while Trump and his team looked on. How should Trump be held accountable, Matt? As you are well aware, Trump went out of his way to speculate that anyone but the Russians were responsible for the election meddling & DNC hack. Even now he continues to call it fake news.

I'm still waiting to hear about something Trump has accomplished. And, no, I don't find a temporary stay of PART of an executive order to be very compelling.

Evan, off the top of my head:

Neil Gorsuch appointment
Pulling out of Paris Climate Treaty
Exiting TPP
Repealed numerous EPA job hindering regulations and other agency regs ( I would look them all up but don't have the time)
Cut funding to sanctuary cities(will be litigated)
Hiring freeze on federal employees excluding military and security services
VA accountability act
Illegal border crossing down 70%
Consumer confidence is up
2 trillion or so added to the value of the NYSE
Dismantling Obama's legacy
Mining jobs went up past few months

Not a bad start!

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score

gangstonc

Reaction score
Melania only needs to walk down the hall to find a good place to start her cyber bullying campaign.

Im hearing the Russia investigation is really picking up steam. This thing looks big. Lots of traitors on the republican and democratic side.

Matt

Reaction score
Melania only needs to walk down the hall to find a good place to start her cyber bullying campaign.

Im hearing the Russia investigation is really picking up steam. This thing looks big. Lots of traitors on the republican and democratic side.

Name your source.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
DDhOlGEXgAUhlzr.jpg:large

Evan

Reaction score
Our President is an absolute scumbag. He has sullied a once prestigious Office, and has made our country weaker, more divided, and the laughingstock of the world.

The Russians are getting exactly what they paid for. American institutions and our national fabric are being torn asunder by a classless, narcissistic, pig unfit to have the HONOR to serve the American people.

I hope people are happy.

Reactions: KoD

Arcadia

Reaction score
Trump's tweets are outrageous and unbecoming of a United States President. I cannot believe THIS is the man people put in office. We are supposed to RISE ABOVE people who disrespect us, attack us, and speak ill of us. Not send out middle school tweets! My God. This is the leader of the free world and THIS is the example he sets.

Evan

Reaction score
Make no mistake, Trump's false accusations against the media and inciting his supporters to hate, demean, and dehumanize those in the media WILL have consequences.

It won't be long before a member of the media is shot or killed because the attacker believed the rhetoric of Trump, his alt-right supporters, and his water carriers like Ingraham, Hannity, etc.

There is one person who started all of this and keeps the flames going. When the violence breaks out, remember who refused dozens of opportunities to tone it down. Every other President has been able to serve without acting like a braying jackass about every single story that doesn't unconditionally praise them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back