• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Discord chat.

KG4KBU

Reaction score
Have any of you all been interested in some type of chat on discord or slack or something to chat with each other in real time?

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
LOL, we are beta testing now, actually. Not ready for primetime as we are still working out the hook to bring usernames and statuses over to Discord and also looking at an embedded chat as well. Also looking at how to archive so that we don't lose a lot of information in the process. Based on our search stats, many people use the site to go back and look at past events. Don't want to lose that tribal knowledge so to speak.

KG4KBU

Reaction score
That is awesome that you're doing this Wes. I can't wait for it to go live and I agree we need to keep the forum here as well. A lot of great stuff here.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thanks! If you are interested in being a beta tester drop a note here. If I get some time this evening I'll figure out the last integration.

Reaction score
While an additional chat would be neat, please do keep the forum itself as a website. So much info is being siloed into Discord servers, which not only require having a Discord account, but also being a member of the specific server to read the information. This makes it outside services like the Internet Archive and makes the discussion way less accessible!

Discord is fun, but forums are invaluable!

KG4KBU

Reaction score
Yes I would love to be a beta tester. Thanks

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Back