• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

April Weather Video of The Month Nominations

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I am planning to try something new this month. There have been an overwhelming number of amazing videos this month that have caught my attention. Therefore, I want to start collecting our favorite videos. This thread is for nominations, so please share a link to what you think is the best video of the month. Please make sure that the videos you post are not duplicates of the ones already shared. By the first week of May, we will put together a poll and see what videos received the most votes.

Rules:
  • The video must be timestamped as of April 2024 and believed to have been produced during that time.
  • Video submissions must be weather-related.
  • Please, no best-of compilations. If possible, try to get the link from the true source.
  • You do not have to be the creator.

Last edited:

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apologies @WesL if I'm breaking the rules by making another submission here, but I figured I'd post this crazy footage too so there'd at least be more than one choice in the upcoming poll.

• Admin

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apologies @WesL if I'm breaking the rules by making another submission here, but I figured I'd post this crazy footage too so there'd at least be more than one choice in the upcoming poll.

No rules around that. We want the best and like I said April was a crazy month!

• Admin

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
After looking back at my likes, I think this was my favorite. I know it isn't a huge monster, and thankfully, it didn't do any damage. However, I think it is just as cool as it can be. The ropes are neat, and this one almost looks like a video game.

atrainguy

Reaction score
After looking back at my likes, I think this was my favorite. I know it isn't a huge monster, and thankfully, it didn't do any damage. However, I think it is just as cool as it can be. The ropes are neat, and this one almost looks like a video game.

It's my favorite too. There's something so surreal and captivating about it. Funny you mention video games, it really reminds me specifically of the Storm Chasers game.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
To be completely honest, I think Doug Drace's video of the Ardmore EF2 is my favorite. There's just something about seeing a barely lit nighttime tornado creeping across the town (and how close it gets to him) that is just absolutely terrifying. Stuff of nightmares.
Also, reupload of the incredible Lincoln footage. I visibly gasped when I first saw this:

Reaction score
Here's what I'll submit, mostly for the drone footage. I will admit that I have a huge bias towards drone footage since it often captures much more of the overall structure, and because they're in the air, they can get a better angle than anything on the ground. The rest is nice, but that drone footage, where you can see how massive the rotation is? Lovely!

WesL

Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Here's what I'll submit, mostly for the drone footage. I will admit that I have a huge bias towards drone footage since it often captures much more of the overall structure, and because they're in the air, they can get a better angle than anything on the ground. The rest is nice, but that drone footage, where you can see how massive the rotation is? Lovely!

I knew I liked you. #DroneOn

rdtony

Reaction score
My goodness gracious. Just when I thought nothing could top the Elkhorn footage, I came across these. To be honest, picking just one winner is kinda splitting hairs at this point...

I think the first video, the Westmoeland tornado, is short and to the point - it gets my nod as the best!

rdtony

Reaction score
To be completely honest, I think Doug Drace's video of the Ardmore EF2 is my favorite. There's just something about seeing a barely lit nighttime tornado creeping across the town (and how close it gets to him) that is just absolutely terrifying. Stuff of nightmares.
Also, reupload of the incredible Lincoln footage. I visibly gasped when I first saw this:

This one is amazing - as are all the videos. This one is a scary, destructive view od a tornado doing damage!