General/Off Topic Guidelines
The following is only a set of guidelines. These are not hard and fast rules for the way this forum
will be moderated. Each "situation" will be handled on a case-by-case basis. However, these guidelines
apply to everyone who posts here.
1. Flaming, excessive use of foul language, personal attacks, and posting of inappropriate material (including remote-loading images or posting links to inappropriate material) is strictly prohibited.
a. Flaming is defined as the intentional posting of inflammatory messages (often directed at a specific individual)
b. Cursing is strongly discouraged, regardless of context. Use of “bad curse words” (no matter how many times they are used)
will be considered excessive profanity. Beyond this, it will be up to moderators and
administrators how much profanity will be deemed excessive.
c. Personal attacks are defined as confrontational and unsubstantiated and/or
nonconstructive criticisms of an individual or group
of individuals. This includes excessive “one-upping” or degrading of other individuals.
1. Private Messaging may also be subject to the enforcement of this
d. It will be up to moderators and administrators what material is deemed inappropriate. Some examples of inappropriate material
include (but are not limited to):
1. Links to websites with material failing to meet the criteria in the above points. (In cases when the linked site only has excessive
foul language, this may [moderator/administrator’s discretion] be ignored if a strong
disclaimer is appended to the link.)
2. Posts with strong sexual innuendo.
2. Registering/posting with more than one username per person is prohibited.
a. Users who want to post on the forum from multiple locations but cannot remember his/her passwords should ask an administrator
to reset his/her password or have a new password emailed automatically
so they can remember it and use it as they please – not register a new name.
3. Intentional posting of false and highly sensational information is prohibited.
4. Funding Solicitation
Requesting money from other members for personal use is prohibited. Links to fundraising for nonprofit organizations or for a political cause are permitted. Administration reserves the right to solicit funds from members for site maintenance and hosting.
Political discussions are allowed, however, there should be a limited number of active political topics at any given time, and discussions should be consolidated into single threads, based on topic, as much as possible. Those participating in political discussions should give special attention to the above guidelines. There will be a very low tolerance for back-and-forth one-upping in political discussions. Think constructive, and remember that this is a weather website - not a political think tank.