Goodbye Bama Apple Butter!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NathansGal

NathansGal
  • 22526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

It's the best tasting apple butter and nothing compares (except for my Granny's homemade)....I've not been able to find it anywhere the past few months and sure enough, they are no longer making it...but why???

My sentiments exactly!

Lori
Proud Memaw
Skywarn Storm Spotter
ALERT Member

Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"In a gentle way you can shake the world." (Gandhi)

#2 Arcadia

Arcadia
  • Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. May you find apple butter that you like just as much.  O:)

Confession:  I've never even tasted apple butter.  :-s
Wonders why people have no trouble believing Jesus was "born" of a virgin, but seem to struggle with the idea of his mother "remaining" a virgin. The first seems far more extraordinary than the latter.

#3 NathansGal

NathansGal
  • 22526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostArcadia, on 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I'm sorry for your loss. May you find apple butter that you like just as much.  Posted Image

Confession:  I've never even tasted apple butter.  Posted Image

Thank you, I was afraid this was the case when my apple butter was MIA for those months....don't taste it now because unless it's Bama Apple Butter, it just won't taste right.....sigh.........

Lori
Proud Memaw
Skywarn Storm Spotter
ALERT Member

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

#4 Ghost

Ghost
  • Members
  • 13247 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostArcadia, on 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I'm sorry for your loss. May you find apple butter that you like just as much.  O:)

Confession:  I've never even tasted apple butter.  :-s

:icon_eek:
I never knew you were a Yankee Arcadia...

:icon_biggrin:
Psychologists say that a sense of humor and/or irony is the most reliable sign of intelligence

#5 Pastor of Muppets

Pastor of Muppets
  • TalkWeather Administrator
  • 13494 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

The closest I've ever come to trying apple butter is a jar we bought from an Amish family in Tennessee, but to my knowledge it was forgotten and we never even opened it.  Sounds good though!

#6 Arcadia

Arcadia
  • Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostPastor of Muppets, on 26 April 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

The closest I've ever come to trying apple butter is a jar we bought from an Amish family in Tennessee, but to my knowledge it was forgotten and we never even opened it.  Sounds good though!

Haha!  But we had good intentions!
Wonders why people have no trouble believing Jesus was "born" of a virgin, but seem to struggle with the idea of his mother "remaining" a virgin. The first seems far more extraordinary than the latter.

#7 Ghost

Ghost
  • Members
  • 13247 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Imagine homemade apple pie filling with plenty of cinnamon, extra sugar, and a touch of cloves with the thickness of jam.  I've heard there wasn't any real butter in it but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if someone put some in.  :-)

Edited by Ghost, 26 April 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Psychologists say that a sense of humor and/or irony is the most reliable sign of intelligence

#8 MaroonedInHSV

MaroonedInHSV
  • Members
  • 3400 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostNathansGal, on 26 April 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

It's the best tasting apple butter and nothing compares (except for my Granny's homemade)....I've not been able to find it anywhere the past few months and sure enough, they are no longer making it...but why???

My sentiments exactly!
Lori, have you ever eaten at Lambert's in Foley (near Gulf Shores)?  I'm not an apple butter fan, so I can't vouch for the quality of theirs, but I've heard people say that it's good.  If you like Lambert's, you can buy it online here.  They also sell their molasses and other items.  Be forewarned...  the shipping will kill you if you just buy one jar.  The apple butter costs $4 for a pint jar, but it's $8 to ship one jar (FedEx Ground), $9 to ship 3, $11 to ship 6.  Naturally, it's much more cost effective to order more than one jar (or to throw in some molasses or something else).  Or, if you want to make the trip, I'm pretty sure you can buy the apple butter at the restaurant (but I'd call and confirm first!).

Edited by MaroonedInHSV, 26 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#9 NathansGal

NathansGal
  • 22526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostMaroonedInHSV, on 26 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Lori, have you ever eaten at Lambert's in Foley (near Gulf Shores)?  I'm not an apple butter fan, so I can't vouch for the quality of theirs, but I've heard people say that it's good.  If you like Lambert's, you can buy it online here.  They also sell their molasses and other items.  Be forewarned...  the shipping will kill you if you just buy one jar.  The apple butter costs $4 for a pint jar, but it's $8 to ship one jar (FedEx Ground), $9 to ship 3, $11 to ship 6.  Naturally, it's much more cost effective to order more than one jar (or to throw in some molasses or something else).  Or, if you want to make the trip, I'm pretty sure you can buy the apple butter at the restaurant (but I'd call and confirm first!).

I will definitely check this out!! I have bought some from the Apple Barn in Tennessee that was even better than Bama, I imagine Lambert's is good as well!!

Thanks!!

Lori
Proud Memaw
Skywarn Storm Spotter
ALERT Member

#10 NathansGal

NathansGal
  • 22526 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostGhost, on 26 April 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
I never knew you were a Yankee Arcadia...

Posted Image

Those durn non-apple butter eatin' Yankees!! :)

Okay, you've bought it....next time you and the Ms Muppets open the jar!! YAY!!!

View PostArcadia, on 26 April 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

Haha!  But we had good intentions!

Yeah, yeah! LOL!! Apple Butter is good with a buttered biscuit or on toast or on anything!! I like the Bama because it's not real high in sugar....I had someone to offer me the recipe on Facebook (Oh my Granny's homemade could put the Bama version to shame!!)...but I may try the Lamberts like Marooned suggested....

Lori
Proud Memaw
Skywarn Storm Spotter
ALERT Member

#11 rinato

rinato
  • Members
  • 585 posts
  • Location:home, office, library, or thanks to my mobile, I could be at the beach. or maybe just cruisin

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

we used to always make home made apple butter.

#12 NathansGal

NathansGal
  • 22526 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postrinato, on 26 April 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

we used to always make home made apple butter.

Home made is definitely the best and Bama did the best imitation of home made...:(

Actually so had The Apple Barn and that place in Clanton I think it's called Peach Park, they have delicious Apple Butter but it's expensive for a small jar (the same with Apple Barn)....with Bama it was a huge jar for a lot less!!
I can eat apple butter without worrying about my blood sugar rising (it has only 6grams of sugar) and with jelly the sugar content is so high and raises my sugar big time!!

Lori
Proud Memaw
Skywarn Storm Spotter
ALERT Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users